Scrum Guide 2020 版本于2020年11月18日正式发布。 这是这本指南的第七个版本，距离上一版本2017版的发布已有三年的时间。 之前几个版本的大致改动内容可以参考下图。
Scrum Guide 2020相对 Scrum Guide 2017有比较大的改动。大致总结如下（from Johannes Geske）：
What hasn’t changed:
In a nutshell, Scrum is still Scrum. Scrum is still a lightweight framework to solve complex problems and deliver value. Scrum is still about a cross-functional team of people collaborating closely with one another and their stakeholders. As a team, they create valuable and useful Increments every Sprint.
What has changed2:
- Less prescriptive, simpler language and removal of software-specific terminology.
- Changes to some definitions, e.g., Scrum definition, empiricism, Product Backlog, Sprint Goal, Sprint Backlog, Increment, Definition of Done.
- Removed (e.g., “Scrum Uses”) or reorganized content (e.g., “Measuring Progress toward Goals”).
- Elements added or their relationships clarified, e.g., the “Commitments” Product Goal (new), Sprint Goal and Definition of Done.
- The concept of a Development Team within a Scrum Team was removed to reduce the potential for dysfunctions between the Product Owner and the Development Team (“us vs. them”) and focus the entire Scrum Team on the same objective1.
- A Scrum Team now consists of the Product Owner, Developers, and the Scrum Master. The people doing the work of creating a usable Increment are called Developers.
- The “entire Scrum Team is accountable for creating a valuable, useful Increment every Sprint.” The Developers are accountable for all aspects of creating the usable Increment.
- The terms “accountable” and “responsible” are used more consistently, and “roles” is replaced by “accountabilities”.
- The Scrum Guide now uses the terms “self-managing” and “self-management” to emphasize that Scrum Teams choose “who, how and what to work on” whereas the Scrum Guide 2017 used the terms “self-organizing” and “self-organization” to describe that Development Teams chose “who and how to do work”.
- The term servant-leader was removed, and Scrum Masters are now described as “true leaders who serve the Scrum Team and the larger organization”.
- Sprint Planning now has three topics: “Why is this Sprint valuable?”, is the new first topic.
- The purpose of events is clarified and the description how to conduct them is less prescriptive.
- A “Product Goal” is introduced, serving as a target and describing a future state of the product.
- It is clarified that multiple Increments can be delivered within a Sprint, even prior to the end of a Sprint. Sprint Review is not a gate to releasing value.
Scrum Guide 2020 与 Scrum Guide 2017 的并排对比，可以前往此网址查阅。
下载 “Scrum Guide 2020 英文版” 2020-Scrum-Guide-US.pdf – 已下载211次 – 248 KB
下载 “Scrum Guide 2020 中文版” 2020-Scrum-Guide-Chinese-Simplified.pdf – 已下载226次 – 439 KB